Here you will get all the most important information about clean a car air filters,
how to clean an air filter on a car step by step, And tips and hacks to make sure the job is completed properly
why we need clean air filter
Your car’s air filter is important in making sure that your engine is getting clean air.
Over time, the air filter can get clogged with dirt, dust, and other debris. When this happens,
it can restrict air flow and cause your engine to work harder. That’s why it’s important to clean your air filter regularly.
If you do not clean your car air filters, you will have to face a lot of troublesome consequences, such as:
- Low performing motor and absence of speed increase
- odd noise- making engine
- Dark smoke emanating tailpipe
- Falling gas and fuel mileages
- Petrol smelling exhaust
how to clean an air filter to reuse it
- First, you’ll need to find your air filter. It’s usually located in the engine bay, near the air intake.
- Once you’ve located the air filter, you can remove it. Be careful not to damage the filter as you remove it.
- Once the filter is removed, you can start cleaning it. First, tap it gently to remove any large pieces of debris. Then,
use a brush or compressed air to remove any smaller particles.
Be careful not to be with the air compressor very close. You may ruin the air filter.
- Before you put the air filter in his place, you can clean the housing of the air filter with a moist rag,
if they have a hard filth you can buy a clean air filter kit/spray that cleans good(AFFILIATE LINK)
- Before you put the air filter back in place, make sure it’s dry and also the air filter housing.
When it comes to keeping your car’s air filter clean,
there are a few tools that you’ll need in order to get the job done right.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll need:
tip to clean air filter by yourself – DIY
Here a few Tips on what to do and what not to in order to make it work properly
- DO NOT wet the air filter.
It can choke the engine because it will not pump enough air and accumulate dirt faster.Instead,
use a filter cleaning solution or compressed air.
- DO NOT aim with high air pressure close to the air filter; You can accidentally destroy the air filter.
- DO NOT use harsh chemicals or cleaners on the filter,
These can damage the filter material and cause it to break down prematurely.
- DO NOT try to clean the filter while it’s still in the car
This can be difficult and you run the risk of damaging the filter or the car itself,
Instead, remove the filter and clean it in a well-ventilated area.